A little late updating (unless you're on facebook, in which case you've already seen this), but here's the result of our first sonogram/ultrasound!
The doctor didn't pick up a heartbeat with the doppler at our 10week 6day appointment (totally normal! but...) she scheduled an ultrasound for the following week just to make sure everything is on track. After 2 hours in the waiting room, we finally got to see Lilian! Look at that baby, already smiling and relaxing.
Ian got a better view of the screen than I did, and said the baby looks like him, which is plausible. He's a bit of an attention lover (but only in the cutest way possible!), so I wouldn't be too surprised if his genes are as well ;)
Anyway, s/he was measuring 11weeks 3days (which is only about 3 days off what I had calculated), making for a tentative due date of March 14, aka Pi Day. Sorry Mom and Dad, if it's born on 3/14, we might just have to work Pi into the name :p
And we did finally get a strong heart beat, so that's a relief. And because I'm dorky and insist on putting music to my posts, here's We got the Beat to celebrate :)

No comments:
Post a Comment