Monday, October 4, 2010

That's funny, I don't feel that big :-o


Week 17: Baby's now the size of an onion!
Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.

I'm still feeling pretty good, but we did break down and order a memory foam mattress topper because sleeping on my side is killing my hips on this hard bed! 
I'm not having any cravings yet, but plenty of aversions. For example, potatoes: yuck! This past weekend, I was finally able to stomach our favorite homemade veg chili, so we had fun cooking that and devouring it together :D


17 weeks and 2 days:

Ian and I were being goofy for this pic. We crack each other up all the time-- this baby is gonna come out knowing how to laugh, for sure :D




For comparison, here's a shot from 7 weeks, I think
I shaved my head right around the same time Lil'ian was conceived, so it's kind of interesting to watch my hair and belly grow together :p

No comments:

Post a Comment