I'm starting French classes-- yet again-- in January (I guess finally learning can be my resolution), hence the bonne année (Happy New Year) title. :p We're applying for permanent residence, and they're really insistent upon French acquisition, so we finally need to buckle down and do it. It should be fun, though. :)
We've been having fun learning all kinds of things lately. I got Ian a didgeridoo for Christmas, and he's been practicing the breathing techniques, which are really cool. We always try to focus on our breathing anyway, so it's fun learning to manipulate it different ways to play an instrument. Also, we're learning to knit! I'm making a tiny baby blanket for Meri (it's tiny by necessity since I don't know how to make anything bigger on my short needles :p), and Ian already finished his first scarf! It's really meditative and relaxing, which means it's a good activity for us, because we're too homebody-ish to go out and party, even on New Year's Eve. We're officially a pair of old biddies now :3
I guess my 30-week pic will be me modeling his cute scarf :3
Week 30 baby stats: It might be hard to imagine being pregnant for another ten weeks, but your baby still has a lot of growing and developing to do! By this time, your baby's crown-to-rump length is a little over 10.8 inches and the total length of your baby is about 17 inches! Your baby weighs about 3 pounds now. Even though your baby is cushioned by the amniotic fluid, she can feel and respond to pain. Your baby now does `practice breathing` to get ready for life outside of your womb. If you have an ultrasound at this time, you will be able to see this. If your baby swallows amniotic fluid down the wrong passage, she will still get hiccups that are noticeable by you. If your baby were born at this time, she would be able to keep herself warm. The skin begins to smoothen as fat deposits accumulate underneath. The fat insulates and is an energy source.
Actually, since that mentions that it might be hard for me to imagine being pregnant for another 10 weeks, I just have to say that I'm not feeling that way at all, strangely. I've always been the type to rush through things (like high school, oops), but I think being pregnant has helped me a ton to develop patience. I feel like I could be pregnant for another year and be at peace with it....besides, it gives me an excuse to be clumsy ;P

No comments:
Post a Comment