Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Belly Blessing

I came across an opportunity the other day to have a local henna artist do a belly blessing, where meaningful symbols are painted on pregnant bellies to welcome babies into the world.

I brought Ian with me, and we had a really good time hanging out and gabbin' with the artist, Lili Sweet, in her cozy home studio while she painted the henna on me :) I think Meridian really felt the love--during the blessing, I actually SAW her moving around for the first time ever! Ian kept missing it, though ;)

So, thanks Lili, for making Meridian's entrance into the world extra special! :)

Here's the mega-belly shot (31.5 weeks!)

And even MORE mega:

P.S. Sorry, Mamah, if I gave you a heart attack if I implied it was permanent--it was too tempting ;)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, you just about did give me that heart attack! :P
    You know better than that young lady! ;)
    And since it's not the real thing, then
    you have my blessings on your "belly blessings"
    :)

    ReplyDelete