Friday, January 28, 2011

Sunday morning at the Snyders'

Here's a video about Meridian's current progress:



I guess I'm a week behind with my pictures--I'm 34 weeks today, but this is my 33 week picture. I guess I'll have to do another one tomorrow :x

So this pic is from last Sunday-- 33 weeks 2 days-- and there's really no explanation--this is just a typical day here :p




Things are going really well with us! I've started my French class, and I'm actually feeling like I'm making progress this time. :) I've also still got the nesting itch, and fortunately Ian is cooperative and handy. We've been really busy setting things up in the "nursery"--well, more like playroom since she'll sleep in our room. We're doing all kinds of small tasks like bolting furniture to the wall, installing shelves, updating smoke alarm batteries, etc.

We've been looking for a good wardrobe since our apartment is Old-World style (no closets), and we found this bad boy at a thrift store (a small step up from our usual curbside-chic taste, eh?)
Oh, and this is another toything I made for Meri. It's my first finished knitting project! It looked kind of boring, so I embroidered some stuff on it, which was fun. I guess it's a tiny blanket. Once I expand my knitting repertroire, I can start making normal-sized baby blankets. But I'm assuming she'll accept this for now :p

Anyway, Meridian seems to be doing well, too. She squirms around frequently, and I can see her move from the outside occasionally, but it's nothing compared to some of the videos I've seen on youtube. Sometimes she kicks at me if I have bad posture, but that's understandable :p Overall she seems to have a pretty chill personality :) 
I'm still going strong with my patience--not yet tearing my eyeballs out waiting for the birth. I think I'm becoming less high-strung, perhaps due to her influence :)

Oh and finally, Ian found out that he has 11 vacation days to use up (they'll expire in June), so we decided that he'll probably just go ahead and start his paternity leave on March 4, even if she's not born yet. Or maybe we'll wait and see how close I am at that point. Then again, she might come early...      Edit: Well that's pretty ambiguous-sounding. I guess that means we really haven't "decided" anything. But it's exciting knowing that he could be off work that soon!

3 comments:

  1. There is no end to my baby girl's talents!

    I think she gets it from.........most definitely not her mom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks :)
    But I learned how to make a mean cross-stitch from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, "Nana" said this, but I can never recall how to e-sign...

    You look daaaaarling! And your thrift-chic is awesome - let me know if you'd like to go into interior design once M. is in school ;-) Ouvoir (cannot say it, probably misspelled it, but bravo!)

    ReplyDelete